Drapes add elegance to your living spaces. They also regulate temperature and the flow of natural light into the rooms. Drapery panels used to install the curtains act as decor elements and add a special touch to your interiors. Installing window drapes is a simple task that can be accomplished in a few minutes. Here is an easy step-by-step guide on installing window drapes in your room.
- Materials required include a toolbox, a power drill, metal or wooden brackets, and pre-stitched curtains of your choice that fit the measurements of the windows.
- The curtains should be long enough to reach the floor or the skirting above it. Choose brackets extending beyond the window’s depth; otherwise, the drapes will not fall evenly. For wider windows, you may need to place an additional bracket in the center, in line with those at the ends.
- Begin by measuring the height of the curtain panel with a measuring tape. Mark the bracket placement three inches above and two to three inches away from the edges of the window. Doing so gives a neat look and allows for full coverage of the window.
- After taking measurements, it is time to fix the brackets on the wall. If you are installing the drapes on metal brackets, place the brackets at the marked spots. Using a carpenter’s level, ensure that the sides of the bracket align with the edges of the window.
- Drill screws into the holes of the brackets and secure them in place.
- Insert the pre-stitched curtains into the curtain rods and slide them into the rod-holder section of the brackets.
- After adjusting the pleats of the curtains, screw in the finials to the ends of the rods and dress them as desired.
This is how you can install most types of drapes to make your room look smarter. And what is more, following these steps, you can install a single set of drapes in under half an hour.