- KEY INFORMATION AND BACKGROUND
(a) About Us: Inland House provides you with the Services. We welcome your queries, grievances, feedback, and comments regarding this Policy or our handling of your personal information. Please contact our grievance officer, whose details are below, with any questions or concerns you may have.
(b) Scope of this Policy: In addition to our website, we or prospective customers (hereafter, “Users”) may provide other products and services through our Platform. Users and Service Providers are both referred to as “you” in this Policy.
Your personally identifiable information is collected, stored, used, and disclosed by the Services in accordance with this Policy.
(c) A third-party link: A third-party website, plug-in, application, or service may be linked to the Platform. Third parties may collect and share your data if you click on those links or enable those connections. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of third-party websites that may be linked to or from our website. Our recommendation is that when you access third-party websites, plug-ins, applications, or services through the Platform or any other means, you read their privacy policies.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
You provide us with different types of personal information when you use the Services as a User. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Email addresses, mobile phone numbers, and addresses for mailing or home.
- Names, usernames, or other identifiers, photos, credit information, information about your family, your language, and interests and hobbies may include the identity and profile data you provide.
- Your home’s type and size, the furniture you like, the color scheme you prefer, as well as whether the home is owned or rented, as well as the size and number of rooms in your house.
- You provide us with your address, email address, information posted in service requests, offers, wants, comments, quizzes, pictures, conversations, responses to our blog, chat box, user surveys, polls, and preferences for receiving marketing communications. In addition to collecting chat and call records, we collect information regarding your communications with Service Providers through the Platform.
- Your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system, access time, page views, device ID, device type, frequency of visits and use of our platform are part of Technical Data, which includes your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system, access time, page views, device ID, device type, usage of our website, mobile application activity, clicks, dates and times, location, and other information.
- Data about transactions you have made, such as details of the Services you have purchased, your credit or debit card information to track your transactions, and your UPI IDs.
- Among the Usage Data are how you use the Services, how you use the Platform, your booking history, what you tap and click on the Platform, what you are interested in, how much time you spend on it, and how many times you interact with it.
- WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The following are some ways in which we collect information about you::
Having direct contact. When you interact with us, you provide us with your personal information. Personal data is collected, for instance, when you:
- As part of the registration process, you will need to create an account;
- Platforms and Services can be used;
- Online surveys, user polls, or promotions;
- You can request to receive marketing communications; or
- Give us feedback, contact us, or give us testimonials about the Platform and/or our Services.
Technology or interaction that is automated. Whenever you use the Platform, we collect data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. In addition to cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and server logs, we also collect personal data through similar methods. If you visit other websites that use our cookies, we may also receive Technical Data about you.
Third parties or publicly available sources. Various third parties may provide us with personal information about you, including, but not limited to:
- Data from analytics providers and advertising networks, such as Facebook;
- Platform access is provided by our business partners, like payment providers, social media services, and apps;
- Verification of background information;
- In accordance with the law, credit bureau information may be obtained;
- Publicly available data about identity and profile;
- Companies that provide marketing services.
Cookies maintain your preferences and differentiate you from other Platform users. This allows us to improve our Services and provide a seamless user experience.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the Inland House group of companies, there are internal third parties that are other companies.
The following are examples of external third parties:
- Service providers who provide services on behalf of or for us, including our associate partners. The Platform is hosted, operated, marketed, managed, paid, transmitted content, credit assessments for any short-term credits you may have received from us, and insurance claims process, and we provide the Services;
- Users are provided with specific services by Service Providers;
- A Service Provider offers its services on the Platform to Users who seek to use them;
- To improve our Platform and Services, we use analytics service providers and advertising networks. Cookies and other technologies may be used by these analytics providers in order to perform their tasks;
- Laws and regulations may impose requirements on regulators and other bodies.
All third parties are required to safeguard your personal data and treat it lawfully.
- SECURITY OF DATA
To prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, we follow standards prescribed by law and implement appropriate security measures.
- RETENTION OF DATA
In the event that your Platform account is terminated, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and rights. Indefinitely used for research and statistical purposes if aggregated (insolvent) before being attributed to you.
- BUSINESS TRANSITIONS
You are aware that your personal data may be shared in the event of a merger, acquisition by another organization, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
- ADVANCED POLICE UPDATE
- Our Policy is periodically reviewed and updated. Our Platform or other methods of notifying you of changes to this Policy may be used to notify you if we make any. Keep up to date with our privacy practices by reviewing this Policy periodically.
- As well as being correct and up-to-date, we must maintain accurate personal data about you. Our relationship with you may change at any time, so please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
- In addition, you agree to accept updates to this Policy after receiving such notice to the extent permitted by law.
- CONTACT US