Cleaning your oven is similar to visiting the dentist. Few of us look forward to the experience (and some of us despise it), but the concept of cleaning is often worse than the actual cleaning.
Oven cleaning doesn’t have to be a daunting mental or physical task if you have the correct information and tools.
Here are some quick tips to make your oven cleaning less time-consuming.
Why Keep The Oven Clean?
Cleaning your oven regularly increases the quality of the food you cook, although it’s not a glamorous activity and can easily fall “out of sight, out of mind.”
Any stuck-on oil or grime smells could impact the dish you’re preparing. Ew! Isn’t that disgusting?
Quick Look At How To Clean A Dirty Oven?
- Before starting your cleaning, remove all the racks, roasting trays, and grilling spokes from inside.
- Get rid of dry dirt and food residue with a paper towel or wipe.
- Get your oven cleaner and spray it all over. Leave it for some time or overnight as per the directions. Avoid the heating spaces to avoid any damage.
- Don’t forget the glasses too.
- Clean the racks by submerging them in a bucket full of dishwashing liquid and water. Keep it overnight and scrub the dirt off them.
Tips To Clean A Dirty Oven
- Instead of your oven cleaner spray, you can make a paste of water and baking soda and apply it wherever you use it. Keep it overnight. The following day, use a damp cloth with vinegar and scrub it off, or if the stains are too tricky, use a rubber spatula.
- Place two halved lemons in an oven-safe basin filled with water. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit before putting this bowl inside and allowing it to rest for an hour. Open the oven door and wipe away the grease with a moist cloth once the inside has cooled down to a comfortable temperature.
- This method is effective for cleaning filthy oven windows. In a bowl of warm water, soak a wrapped dishwashing tablet and massage it on the glass. Repeat the process many times more before wiping the glass with a cloth.
- It’s quick and easy to apply this spray-on combination. Combine 15 mL borax, 25 mL vegetable oil, dishwashing soap, and a quart of warm water in a mixing bowl. Pour the solution into a spray bottle. Spray the oven walls, wait half an hour, and then clean them.
How To Maintain A Clean Oven?
The oven will become dirty, but you know what they say about an ounce of prevention. Place a cookie sheet under dishes that may spill or drip, and cover dishes prone to spattering. Sprinkle salt on spills immediately, then scrape it off once in the oven.
Cleaning a filthy oven isn’t easy, but it’s not a common household duty. You can clean it only twice a year if you are attentive. Keep one of these home remedies for cleaning a dirty oven guide on hand for future reference once you’ve found a technique that works for you.