Your lake house is where you unwind and spend quality time with your family, friends, and most importantly yourself. Give your lake house a relaxing yet sophisticated feel to enjoy every moment spent.
No matter how small or big, your summer lake house needs a decoration that gives you a calm and relaxed feel. If you’re looking for cool revamping for your summer lake house or cottage, start by giving a face-lift to the outdoors before proceeding indoors. Color it with a soft pastel shade or, best of all, white to give it a sophisticated and royal look.
- Light-colored curtains can easily acquire soft effects in your living and bedroom.
- Ensure that heavy doors and windows do not block the waterfront views. Instead, use sliding glass doors that give you a complete view when open.
- Make sure that your seating furniture is durable and requires minimum maintenance. As the air will be a bit salty, it may damage delicate furniture. Also, ensure that the color of the furniture is in contrast with the wall colors that will give a distinctive effect to the overall décor.
- If you want an effortless décor, make sure that the color style is simple and light so that you can give a sharp contrast to it with vibrant colors on cushions and décor items.
- Your prime view area should be devoid of heavy furniture and artistic decor. You would not want to take away the beauty of the natural view and stuff your room with artifacts. Your focus should be on the view and how to make it the primary attraction.
- Make room for extra seating as well to accommodate the crowd often. But make sure it is portable and space-saving so that it doesn’t look cramped and overstuffed.
- Combining motifs and styles surely adds to the house’s casual and informal tone.
- Giving your lake house a rustic feel instead of a well-groomed look also works well in your favor of giving it a natural appearance. E.g., teak wood flooring with the light greenish color of the walls will complement the natural beauty of your house.
- Add a personal touch with framed photos of family members and attach them to the cabinet doors, giving your walls a personalized look.
- Make sure that the master bedroom has a calming and relaxing effect by keeping the color scheme very light and turning it into a serene oasis for you.
- For a perfect lakeside dining experience, give your dining table and chairs a rustic look. E.g., a raw finished wooden table with iron chairs would be ideal for an outdoor lunch or dinner with family.
Your summer lake house is your place to spend quality time with your loved ones; decorate it so that whether it’s your ‘me’ time or a time of partying and casual get-together, your getaway paradise gets admiring glances from one and all.